Special-Use and Cyrus 2.5 git

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Tue May 21 07:33:11 EDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 12:30 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> On 2013-04-26 16:17, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > Is anybody actually using cyrus 2.5 git in production other than
> > FastMail?
> Yes, though admittedly I should say "production".

No, only just beginning to think about it and look into what is going to
get changed in terms of database formats [ -> 2.4 was a bit ugly ].

> > I'm planning to do the mailboxes.db format changes before releasing
> > 2.5, so that we don't have to support a stupid intermediate format.
> > It's been on my todo list for AGES as one of the final blockers to 2.5
> > being released, and I've finally got some spare cycles away from our
> > internal search code.

It would be nice to have all the changes happen at once and just 'get
them over with'.  Database updates always hit hard.

Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383