Changing LIST (again)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun May 19 09:21:33 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-19 15:07, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2013, at 08:36 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
> wrote:
>> Should you make the change to allow sub-folders (of the INBOX) to in
>> fact be created (while using altnamespace), would that eliminate the
>> use
>> of \NoInferiors?
>
> Indeed it would :)

I really, really like calling out stupid clients that do not honour
\NoInferiors though...

Can we please keep a sane default of (enforcing) RFC(s)-compliant
behaviour?

Do you suggest to remove the \NoInferiors flag for deployments with
"sub-folder of INBOX w/ altnamespace allowed" type of configurations, or
would you keep it around (and simply behave differently by honouring the
request instead of returning an error)?

I suppose the former scenario appears the most decent / smoothest?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG