Changing LIST (again)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun May 19 06:36:41 EDT 2013

On 2013-05-02 07:29, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> One of my release goals for Cyrus 2.5 is to be correct in our
> implementation of every standard that we claim to support.
>
> This is why I emailed the list last week asking if anyone is using the
> intermediate SPECIALUSE representation in git.  Since there was no
> reply, I'm assuming it will be OK :)  I've just started testing it
> into
> production at FastMail, and will roll it out to all our users later
> this
> week. Assuming performance is acceptable, I'll push that upstream.
>
> Meanwhile, there's one glaring problem remaining, as evidenced by
> Timo's
> imaptest tool.  Our LIST-EXTENDED implementation is broken in some
> places. I've already had reports of users of recent versions of some
> clients having problems with it.  That sucks.
>
> Rob M (CC'd) and I had a good talk about it yesterday.  We're looking
> at
> switching the default at FastMail to use altnamespace - it works
> better
> with Outlook 2013 and also with some phones.  One problem is that you
> can't create subfolders of Inbox.
>
> We've looked at the standard, and we don't see any reason why we can't
> allow them,

The clients that do create (allow) a sub-folder of the INBOX (to be
created) apparently do not adhere to the \NoInferiors flag...

Should you make the change to allow sub-folders (of the INBOX) to in
fact be created (while using altnamespace), would that eliminate the use
of \NoInferiors?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--