Sync after replica restarted...

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Jul 17 10:48:24 EDT 2013

Quoting Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk>:

> Ok, that's probably because the replica was restarting. However now
> it's restarted - the master doesn't seem to be pushing any more data
> to the replica :(
>
> In the 'sync' directory I have an ever growing 'log' file - and
> 'log-33213' (which I presume is what was in use by the process that
> failed - i.e. that matches the PID above).
>
> How do I restart replication?
>
> In cyrus.conf I have:
>
> "
> syncclient    cmd="/usr/local/cyrus/bin/sync_client -r"
> "
>
> Can I just do:
>
> "
> su cyrus
> /usr/local/cyrus/bin/sync_client -r
> "
>
> To restart that process? - It's not listed in 'ps ax | grep sync_client'.

Bevor you run "sync_client -r" you should run

   sync_client -r -f /PATH_TO_SYNC_DIR/log-33213

to sync what was left form the old sync process and confirm that the exit
code is 0 (echo $?) than you can delete log-33213

The Sync_client will catch up if you miss syncing log-33213, but it can
lead to some errors if sync_client tries to sync some mailboxes that have
not been created on the replic.

Regards

     Michael

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen