Time to move away from Berkeley DB

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Tue Jul 2 03:58:19 EDT 2013

Hi,

you might have noticed that Oracle has released Berkeley DB 6.0, and in
unfortunate move they relicensed the BDB to AGPLv3 which makes it
incompatible with anything else than AGPLv3 or GPLv3.

E.g. this makes cyrus licensing incompatible with Berkeley DB 6.0 since it
would require dual licensing which I hardly think makes sense.

Thus I think it's time to kill the Berkeley DB support in cyrus-imapd-2.5,
and start thinking about the replacement for cyrus-sasl sasldb (would
skiplist work here? or should we use sqlite3, kyotocabinet or anything
else?).

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>