Cassandane commits and 2.5 test preparation

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 10 17:00:59 EDT 2012

I've just pushed a couple of commits that make things much nicer for me.

One turns a single '-l' into a listing of top-level Suites rather than
individual tests.  A second -l then turns on the old "everything" mode.

It also accepts tests on the command line to limit the output when listing.

The second commit adds a '-f pretty' output mode, which prints the test
name and a nice colourful result a-la redhat init scripts.

I'm currently working on making all the tests compatible with both
altnamespace = yes and unixheirachysep = yes.  This is pretty shitty
work - but it needs to be done.  Means using 'mboxname' everywhere
rather than hard coded mailbox names.  I haven't pushed those commits
anywhere public yet, but hopefully will in a couple of days.

I've added smmapd backend support recently, and the Quota tests use it.
We should probably do fud support too, and any other little daemons
people might be using.

Soon we're going to need to add murder support as well, and multiple
instances with different Cyrus binary directories!  That's going to be
fun.

Then we can (finally!) test all the XFER between versions and frontend/
backend combinations.

I've written up a rough outline of the tests I think we need here:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Cyrus25TestingPlan

  brong at fastmail.fm