Libtool and Support for Shared Libraries

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at
Fri May 11 06:44:24 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-11 2:00, Greg Banks wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2012, at 09:42 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
> wrote:
>> I agree. This tidying up is going to majorly invasive - don't forget 
>> we
>> want to merge in caldav before this happens as well.
>> I strongly recommend any major really tidying things up is postponed 
>> to
>> 2.6.
> Agreed. I think we've changed enough for 2.5.
> It might be worth declaring 2.5 to be in feature freeze after the 
> caldav
> merge, and starting a 2.6 branch.  Otherwise we'll never get it
> released.

My thoughts were to organize a meeting and look at Bugzilla tickets 
(everything currently targeted for 2.5).

Per ticket/enhancement/issue we'd say at least two things:

  - Yes/No (is or is not targeted for 2.5),
  - Must/May/Might (is blocker, or not crucial and no worry if it's 

We'd want "one throat to choke" for each separate ticket (the 
assignee), and we want to make sure the people interested in progress 
are (or know that they should put themselves) in CC: on the ticket.

We'd want to clarify the methodology of making sure everything's in 
good shape as well;

- Jenkins CI should continue to succeed & Cassandane tests should be 
created where appropriate and possible,
- Documentation (at the very least, Release Notes)

If there's even the smallest issue that should not get lost it should 
end up in Bugzilla so it continues to pop up on someone's radar. 
Blocking the original (enhancement) ticket would service that.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG

e: vanmeeuwen at
m: +44 74 2516 3817

pgp: 9342 BF08

More information about the Cyrus-devel mailing list