Libtool and Support for Shared Libraries

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu May 10 12:32:00 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 04:03:26PM +0200, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
> Hello,
>
> >While we're at it, I'd love to split things like 'mailbox.c' which are
> >really libraries into a separate directory from 'imapd.c' which is a
> >system daemon only run by master from cyrus.conf and separate again
> >from cyr_dbtool.c which is a tool designed to be mainly run by humans.
>
> I would suggest, that
> the sources of libcyrus are moved to src/lib/cyrus,
> the sources of libcyrus_min are moved to src/lib/cyrus_min,
> the sources of libimap are moved to src/lib/imap,
> the sources of libsieve are moved to src/lib/sieve,
> the sources of the services from imap/ are moved to src/service,
> probably the installable header files are moved to src/include,
>
> and then check what to do with the remaining files.
>
> With services I mean fud, imapd, lmtpd, pop3d, smmapd and sync_server.

There's still things like master as well.  I'd really like to move
that elsewhere so the name 'master' doesn't clash with the git branch
name 'master'.  It makes a few commands more annoying to run.

src/master or something would be better.

But - it will invalidate basically every patch out there, so I
don't want to embark on something like this until we've merged
everything we're planning to merge, and everyone has advance notice
of the plan.  Even the automake changes so far have been quite
invasive.

Bron ( who just spent a day reworking our git branches on top )