Cyrus Replication Rewrite

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 29 11:07:00 EDT 2012

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012, ktm at rice.edu wrote:

> Wow, do you have a patch for that. I would love to be able to use that
> to upgrade from 2.3 -> 2.4. The one way Cyrus index upgrades give me the
> willies too.

Well while you are welcome to a copy of my code, I'm not sure that I would
recommend this approach. I solved the part of the problem that I needed to
solve for our environment back in 2003, and then ported the code across so
that it continued to work for us with Cyrus 2.3 and Cyrus 2.4.

The code makes lots of assumptions about our environment (for example I
use SSH tunnels rather than running sync_server from master, and all our
mailstores have a single data partition) and hasn't been tested anywhere
else. Ken rewrote large chunks of the code to turn it into proper Cyrus
service, and Bron threw it all away to make something better.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.