Libtool and Support for Shared Libraries (3)

Дилян Палаузов dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org
Mon Jun 4 10:22:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

then I suggest to build both static and shared libraries, to link all
services and user programmes with the shared libraries, to link the
IMAP.so and manageiseve.so files with the static libraries, and resolve
by this way the need to insert RPATH in IMAP.so and managesieve.so .

I guess libtool has to be run for every step, and this makes the things
very messy.

Running libtool with --quiet during "make install DESTDIR=" (achieved by
"make install DESTDIR=... LIBTOOLOPTIONS=--quiet") steal leads to
warnings that the shared libraries are not installed on their final
destination.

Със здраве
   Дилян