IRC

Greg Banks gnb at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 4 00:35:48 EDT 2012

G'day,

(00:06:17) aosowski: gnb1, I'm running 3.3.4 and cassandane is
complaining "E.netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)' on this system."
can I ignore that or how can I fix it? (no sctp module available, just
various nf_*_sctp which are all loaded)

Cassandane doesn't care about SCTP pe se.  It does have some tests to
verify that the Cyrus master process can handle binding to IPv4, IPv6
and UNIX domain sockets, which are all supported features of the master
process.  As part of these tests, and as part of the normal procedure of
starting up a Cyrus instance, Cassandane runs the netstat program to
verify that a process is actually bound to the socket that it's supposed
to be.  It uses commands of the form

netstat -l -n -Ainet
netstat -l -n -Ainet6
netstat -l -n -Aunix

Most probably you're seeing some message which is a side effect of
netstat being confused on your system.  If they're just warnings, and
netstat still runs and emits correct output, you should be fine to just
ignore the messages.  If Cassandane runs any tests to completion, you
probably don't need to worry.

--
Greg.