official dev team position regarding multiple times requested feature (global sieve)

Дилян Палаузов dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org
Mon Jul 30 12:03:05 EDT 2012

Hello,

as far as I understand, the use case for the requested feature is to
have default spam filter rules (action fileinto or reject), that are
canceled, when the user's script make a different fileinto/reject.
Something like:

Execute the :global default script, which contains only
fileinto/reject/ereject/keep/stop action (no vacation, redirect).
Remember the outcome of the script execution, without executing it

Execute the :private default script.
If it executes, fileinto/reject/ereject, then then the fileinto from the
:global default script is canceled.
If it executes, keep, then the action from the :global default script is
executed

In any case, the :global default script is not supposed to include
scripts with specific names, from the :personal space, but rather to be
executed before the :personal default script.

> If you read carefully all my referenced links you'll find one that is   listing other imap servers that support it.

Which other servers support this feature?  Do they just consider the
:private default script appended to the :global default script, without
sticking to particular names, and it is site administrators'
responsibility, not to write strange things (vacation) in the :global
default script.

Със здраве
   Дилян