Re: Fwd: official dev team position regarding multiple times requested feature (global sieve)

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 24 15:09:44 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012, at 10:32 AM, mailing list subscriber wrote:
> Unfortunately that feature only addresses PROVISIONING of data, which
> is quite unuseful since cyrus mail admins do this with the auto-*
> uoa.gr patches (that's another pain that devs refused to include for a
> long time) - What it lacks is the ability to handle CHANGE (change of
> default script, or alter existing user scripts).

Yes, and we're sorry it took so long to be included.

http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/commit/?id=9540810f44a7224b93764f6d9d577026f0b4b776

We might be similarly persuaded that global sieve rules are worth doing, though
there are issues of making sure they interact well with everything else and
that they're correct and well implemented.  The mere existence of a patch doesn't
mean it's ready for use everywhere.

Bron ( and if you want it, you can of course patch your local install with
       that patch - nothing stopping you )
  brong at fastmail.fm