linking with libtool and

Greg Banks gnb at fastmail.fm
Sun Jul 15 20:30:26 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012, at 12:26 PM, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I reverted the changes causing the warnings with static in the header
> files.
>
> The linking problem, Bron mentioned on 12.07., was is caused by
> (./libtool --config)'s link_all_deplibs=no .
>
> Does anybody have an idea, when is link_all_deplibs set to no, and when
> to yes/unknown?

On my machine it's set in configure

 8957   link_all_deplibs=unknown
 8980   case $host_os in
 8996   linux* | k*bsd*-gnu)
 8997     link_all_deplibs=no
 8998     ;;
 8999   esac

This is with autoconf 2.67, automake 1.11.1 libtool 2.2.6b.

Looking at the configure code, it's set to 'yes' on those platforms
where the dynamic linker is incapable of, or due to bugs intermittently
capable of, transitively following library dependencies on other
libraries at program link time.  In other words, the correct value for
all Linux variants is 'no'.

--
Greg.