Do cyrus devs plan to implement PUSH-IMAP protocol?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 30 02:16:23 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 12:12:52PM +0900, crocket wrote:
> Often, this means IMAP IDLE, but I mean
> tools.ietf.org/id/draft-maes-lemonade-p-imap-00.txt
>
> Since apple wants to push iCloud to people, apple doesn't support IMAP
> IDLE but supports iCloud, ActiveSync, and PUSH-IMAP on purpose.
>
> Is there any plan to implement PUSH-IMAP in cyrus IMAP?

Oh wow, that's not a small amount of work.

XZIP indeed.

I really wish we had the 'imap protocol' bits factored out a bit more
internally.  I can sort of see how to make all those bits work, and
being able to interoperate is good -- but it's a lot of work!

I think we would accept a P-IMAP server into the tree if somebody wrote
one in a way that isn't too invasive to the rest of IMAP, and would
help out with building it - but it's not on the immediate roadmap.