Cyrus reviews

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 24 01:25:33 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 01:49:52PM +1100, Greg Banks wrote:
> I've been told I should do reviews more openly.  Ok, here goes.
>
> commit "rename: ensure user owns both source and dest for Bug #3586 workaround"
>
> Ok, but why?

CMU had somebody issue "rename $sharedroot INBOX.Trash".  Since they
had no permissions on $sharedroot, the lower level returns
IMAP_MAILBOX_NONEXISTENT.  Since "submailboxes" are done as admin,
there were no ACL checks.  It was only the quota which stopped their
entire shared heirarchy being renamed under INBOX.Trash of one user.

(... the rest is Ken's stuff)