Cassandane Troubles

Greg Banks gnb at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 10 03:41:01 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012, at 09:03 AM, Greg Banks wrote:

> > I also want to be able to do the same thing over and
> > over again with multiple versions of Cyrus IMAP. I recon just creating
> > the symbolic link /var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.4/bin/ ->
> > /var/tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.4/usr/cyrus/bin/ is the workaround for now then.
>
> You'll also need to do a similar thing for the perl code.  In fact
> cassandane should
> probably do this automatically when it starts up.

Commits "Handle Cyrus installs not in /usr/cyrus" and
"Handle destdir in the Sieve tests too" do this properly, by
allowing the cassandane.ini to specify either or both of 'prefix'
and 'destdir' which are respectively the value of --prefix when you
configured Cyrus and DESTDIR= when you did 'make install'.
I now have all tests passing (except the one in Bug 3619) without
any /usr/cyrus/.

--
Greg.