SASL2 problems on recent Ubuntu (possibly Debian as well)

Ondřej Surý ondrej at debian.org
Wed Feb 29 08:04:14 EST 2012

Hi Bron,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 14:01, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just had a user in the #cyrus IRC channel asking about this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cyrus-sasl2/+bug/875440

The problem was that Ubuntu has pulled cyrus-sasl2 package in a bad
time when I synced source package with some cruft in the CVS.

> Is there anything we can do in Cyrus upstream to make this less likely
> to happen?  It looks like it's screwing over quite a few users :(

You already do, you have taken over the package which was long time
unmaintained, and you started to maintain it.

So I don't think you need to do anything extra on your side.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>