official dev team position regarding multiple times requested feature (global sieve)

Tue Aug 7 04:43:51 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Дилян Палаузов
<dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as far as I understand, the use case for the requested feature is to have
> default spam filter rules (action fileinto or reject), that are canceled,
> when the user's script make a different
> fileinto/reject. Something like:

No. The use case is to maintain a site-wide spam filtering criteria
while not breaking/interfering with users' custom rules. I've detailed
a bit in my previous reply to Jeroen.

[...]

> Which other servers support this feature?  Do they just consider the
> :private default script appended to the :global default script, without
> sticking to particular names, and it is site administrators' responsibility,
> not to write strange things (vacation) in the :global default script.

dovecot
scroll down to "Executing Multiple Scripts Sequentially" here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Configuration