Cyrus SEEN and uidl patch

egoitz at ramattack.net egoitz at ramattack.net
Sun Apr 1 09:09:28 EDT 2012

Good morning Jeroen,

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 11:08:36 +0100, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)
wrote:
> On 2012-04-01 10:25, egoitz at ramattack.net wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>

> Good morning,
>
> Not speaking to the code changes itself, I have a couple of
> suggestions / questions.
>
> If you are familiar with GIT, could you please clone the git
> repository[1] and create a patch(-set) with git-format-patch?
>
> In case you're not all too familiar with GIT, you could, for example:
>
> $ git clone git://git.cyrusimap.org/git/cyrus-imapd
> $ cd cyrus-imapd
> $ git checkout cyrus-imapd-2.3
> $ git checkout -b dev/pop3_uidl-patch
> (...make some changes...)
> $ git commit /path/to/changed/files
> (...make some more changes...)
> $ git commit /path/to/changed/files
> $ git format-patch origin/cyrus-imapd-2.3

sorry not very familiar with git.... more with cvsd and svn... but
apart from this :

  /usr/local/git/bin/git clone git://git.cyrusimap.org/git/cyrus-imapd
Cloning into 'cyrus-imapd'...

this is the answer I'm obtaining....

> And send the resulting ????-*.patch files as an attachment to an
> email, but better yet, a Bugzilla[2] ticket.

So I'm not able to generate this patch... unless now... :)

> If you would be able to do that, that'd be great.
>
>> I'm running an ISP environment with Cyrus 2.3.18.
>
> Given that Cyrus IMAP 2.3 is... well... rather old, it is maintained
> by only a small group of people having volunteered to do so.

Don't you think perhaps replication staff is more widely tested in
2.3.last?

The main
> focus for the project is Cyrus IMAP 2.4, and future releases
> currently
> in development, so a question that pops up in my mind is - can this
> issue be reproduced in Cyrus IMAP 2.4.14, or even GIT master (future
> 2.5)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

Thanks a lot Jeroen,