Cyrus SEEN and uidl patch

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Apr 1 06:08:36 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-01 10:25, egoitz at ramattack.net wrote:
> Good morning,

Not speaking to the code changes itself, I have a couple of suggestions
/ questions.

If you are familiar with GIT, could you please clone the git
repository[1] and create a patch(-set) with git-format-patch?

In case you're not all too familiar with GIT, you could, for example:

$ git clone git://git.cyrusimap.org/git/cyrus-imapd
$ cd cyrus-imapd
$ git checkout cyrus-imapd-2.3
$ git checkout -b dev/pop3_uidl-patch
(...make some changes...)
$ git commit /path/to/changed/files
(...make some more changes...)
$ git commit /path/to/changed/files
$ git format-patch origin/cyrus-imapd-2.3

And send the resulting ????-*.patch files as an attachment to an email,
but better yet, a Bugzilla[2] ticket.

If you would be able to do that, that'd be great.

> I'm running an ISP environment with Cyrus 2.3.18.

Given that Cyrus IMAP 2.3 is... well... rather old, it is maintained by
only a small group of people having volunteered to do so. The main focus
for the project is Cyrus IMAP 2.4, and future releases currently in
development, so a question that pops up in my mind is - can this issue
be reproduced in Cyrus IMAP 2.4.14, or even GIT master (future 2.5)?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd
[2] https://bugzilla.cyrusimap.org