Message store events notification

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 20 07:44:49 EDT 2011

On 09/20/2011 11:23 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 20.09.2011 09:44, Sébastien Michel wrote:
>> - the ability to turn off notification for SPAM => depends on
>> SPECIAL-USE
>
> Hi Sébastien,
>
> Would you agree it is useful to be able to turn off notification for
> other SPECIAL-USE folders as well?
>
> I'm specifically wondering about folders such as \Trash, \Sent,
> \Drafts, of you will.

Assuming that the data is available in the notification, and the cost of
sending events isn't too high, isn't it better just to run an external
filter that filters out the events you're not interested in?

We do this with "per-folder conversation counts" stuff in our
conversations code.  We want to know if a conversation is "flagged" or
"unread" - so we ask for:

CONVMETA UNREAD FOLDERUNREAD 'Trash'

and then subtract the second from the first to get the actual count we
show the users.