Universal tool - /usr/bin/cyrus

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Wed Jan 5 07:29:40 EST 2011

Hi,

as a part of packaging cyrus-imapd for debian we have talked (and I
have coded it) about universal tool (like f.e. git has) which will
support all those commands in $libdir/bin/ directory.

I have called it /usr/bin/cyrus, but it's not published yet, so if we
can agree on a need to have such command (and since there is several
name clash if the cyrus binaries are installed into /usr/bin I think
it's good idea to have such command).

I would be happy to recode this into something more universal than
just a wrapper script to call /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/<command> so new
commands (like make_sha1) could be implemented directly as a
subcommand of this universal tool - with fallback to calling external
commands. (Look at git source it has a nice example how to implement
that.)

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej at sury.org>