Cyrus CalDAV design decision

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 23 18:26:42 EDT 2011

From my phone, so please excuse any brevity and the top-post.

I understand your passion for the storage format, but the reason I wanted to keep it as a separate thread was because the amount of code that needs to be modified to alter the existing storage format is relatively trivial (entirely contained in the new calendar code) where the code changes required to alter the storage location of the data (in whichever format is used) will be extensive, touching many other parts of the existing Cyrus code.

I spoke with Ken about the storage format and we will have some questions for you regarding the same.  Please fire off a fresh mail to the cyrus-devel list and we can discuss.  I'd offer to do that now, but I'm on my phone at the moment.

Thanks!

Dave