Automatic database coversion script anyone?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Apr 18 06:50:01 EDT 2011

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> I really, really wanted to have BDB able to handle in-place upgrades
> as well, but I haven't been able to figure out a way.  There is an
> ->upgrade method on databases, but it says it's destructive and can
> fail

If I understood it correctly, I think it actually says that the process may
not be interrupted in any way, or the database is damaged in a way that cannot
be repaired?

That's something else then destructive by definition ;-)

I suppose it's easy enough to copy the database to a backup, upgrade the live
but if it fails (e.g. the "upgraded" version is corrupted), try again with the
backup copy?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--