backport "config: make database paths configurable"

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Apr 7 11:47:09 EDT 2011

Øyvind Kolbu wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Oyvind (apologies for bastardizing your name like that),

I have a couple of remarks, inline.

> can 8a23d03fa441f76026e923ac86533d6f85b11064 be backported to 2.4?
> If so strconcat must be backported as well, that is commit
> 3f1cc0a7f1e7afb0e52a99d27982a7d94d9bff85.

8a23d03fa441f76026e923ac86533d6f85b11064 seems to change the default database
technology for the ptscache, which should not happen in a stable release.

This we can overcome, but I would have appreciated you pointing this out
alongside your request for the backporting of said commit ;-)

That said, for the records to reflect this request, and for things to show up
on the radar for the appropriate people (e.g. me in this case), please
consider closing #3185 with almost exactly the message you have now sent to
the mailing list, and set the 'releng-backport' "flag" (upper right corner on
the bug) to '?'. Procedural detail, I know, but it aids us in various areas.

All of the former aside, noted I have no objections, I'm going to let Bron
have his say on this.

> We are running with both patches applied against 2.4.8alpha1, and it works
> as expected.
>
> 8a23d03fa441f76026e923ac86533d6f85b11064 introduced some typos in
> lib/imapoptions, which is fixed in attached patch.

Thanks! Applied to master and pushed out with, of course, full attribution.

> #3185 can now be closed.

Done.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen