reconstruct crash in cyrus-imapd-2.4.4

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 25 06:18:08 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 02:12:46AM -0500, Giles Malet wrote:
> but I got sidetracked on that trying to do reconstruct -rf
> to get the lost folders back - and that crashes reconstruct! Doing
> -rfx instead avoids the crash, but has the side-effect of course of
> clobbering the mailbox flags.

Oh - I have a workaround for you.

cyr_dbtool /var/imap/mailboxes.db skiplist show > /tmp/mailboxes.txt

copy a similar mailbox entry from the same user and just change the
folder name - keep the rest of the line the same - and put it into
/tmp/newmailboxes.txt

cyr_dbtool /var/imap/mailboxes.db skiplist set < /tmp/newmailboxes.txt

That will fix the mailbox entry without needing a full reconstruct
or losing flag data!

Not ideal - but it will do until we can get you a real fix!