Putting cyrus-future code in CVS. Also, code style

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 29 23:16:00 EDT 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:09 -0400, "Wesley Craig" <wes at umich.edu> wrote:
> On 29 Jun 2010, at 21:13, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> > I think we're bikeshedding here.  Let's codify what's there rather
> > than
> > trying to invent out favourite style.
>
> I don't know what bikeshedding is, but I understood defining what's
> here to be the exercise.  In limited cases it might make sense to
> move away from the current style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_Law_of_Triviality

I think the more interesting area actually is defining names for a bunch
of variables, e.g. msgno, recno.  "mailbox" rather than "the_box" - so
that patterns are searchable more easily.

That and I've made 'struct buf' a bit more powerful - it would be good
to have a standard way to use it, and to use other classes.  There's
already a "use xmalloc and friends" in the docs, but some of the newer
stuff is less clearly specified.

  brong at fastmail.fm