Putting cyrus-future code in CVS. Also, code style

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 28 01:22:28 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm going to start pushing all my cyrus-future code in to
CVS over the next couple of days - so expect pretty
massive commits!

Also, a question about coding style.  Is it codified somewhere?
There are a few different styles throughout the code, but there
seems to be a fairly consistent style in most of the code.

Some of the utilities in particular are dodgy - 2 character
indents, 8 spaces instead of a tab, etc.  I also did some tidy
up on telemetry.c to coerce some types so there aren't warnings
on the syslog statement, and I noticed lots of whitespace inside
ifs and tab-aligned variable declarations.  Inconsistent code
style shits me, so I changed them to match the most common
style throughout the code.

My question is - should we start being a bit more strict about
both coding style and variable naming?  It makes the code heaps
more maintainable, and that's going to matter going forwards.
I've been doing bits and pieces as I touch blocks of code, but
not too much because it interferes with seeing the real changes.

Regards,