Future Ideas wiki page

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 7 23:01:52 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've set up a new wiki page here:

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/FutureIdeas

Linked from the roadmap:

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/RoadMap

I've updated the Roadmap with the items I have ready right
now for 2.4, and put everything else into the bright future
under 2.5 for now, subject to "actually gets finished and
stable", obviously.

Most of these ideas have been fleshed out in some detail
already in my postings to the devel mailing list.  Some are
still a little bit raw (like having the mailbox path on disk
depend on the uniqueid rather than the actual mailbox name.
I'll expand on this another time... and it's not yet mentioned
on the wiki, but it makes a lot of things nicer!)

Anyway, I'd love feedback on any or all of it, and if there
are other things that you feel are really important for the
future viability of Cyrus I'd love to hear about them as well.
I haven't yet had a chance to look at the QRESYNC stuff that
Ken's already done for 2.4, and we might wind up releasing
a 2.4 without a lot of these changes just because there's a
lot of work in there!

That said, I'm pushing myself pretty aggressively to have that
list finished by April of THIS YEAR.  Particularly the low
bandwidth replication, which depends on all pretty much all
of the others!

Regards,