FastMail, Opera, Cyrus work

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 30 21:41:52 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd point this out:

http://blog.fastmail.fm/2010/04/30/fastmail-fm-has-been-acquired-by-opera-software/
http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2010/04/30/

And assure you that nothing's going to change with my work
on Cyrus!  In fact, a lot of the cross-datacentre and
optimisation for smaller meta (cyrus.cache lazy loading)
work has been aimed at the new infrastructure we want to
build at Opera, with replicas in different datacentre for
true geographic redundancy.

I'm going to keep working on the future branch code at
github, hoping to have lower bandwidth replication up
and running and a public "alpha" for everyone to play
with before I got to Oslo and visit the Opera team later
in May.

Regards,