Use of isspace() and friends in Cyrus

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 05:59:37 EDT 2009

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Yeah - there are two choices there, Uisspace, or actually fix all the
> code to pass unsigned explicitly to isspace.  I don't see any problem
> with Uisspace.  There's already cyrus_isdigit that I wrote a while
> back because isdigit() was taking an awful amount of processor for
> something that really was /[0-9]/ in meaning.
>
> So - where would you put the macro?

lib/util.h? That already has:

   #define TOUPPER(c) (convert_to_uppercase[(unsigned char)(c)])
   #define TOLOWER(c) (convert_to_lowercase[(unsigned char)(c)])

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.