Cyrus 2.3.14 RC1 (Was: Cyrus 2.3.13 RC1)

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 19 05:50:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 09:14:11AM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Sorry for the typo in the Subject.
>

> Ken Murchison wrote:
> > I just put together a release candidate for Cyrus 2.3.14.  I'd
> > appreciate any independent testing before I release this to the masses.
> >
> > http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/cyrus-imapd-2.3.14rc1.tar.gz
> >

> > Check doc/changes.html for a complete list of changes.
> >
> > If there are any outstanding issues that you believe still need to be
> > addressed in 2.3.14, please let me know.

For what it's worth, FastMail has been running our patches on top of
that tag (plus a bunch of other stuff, feel free to poke around the
github page - I sync all my changes through there) for days now with
no problems (not that I expected any - after all, we've been tracking
CVS since I did the git integration)

More excitingly, we've been running one store with the charset changes
for a week now, and apart from a few minor teething bugs, it's looking
pretty slick.  UTF8 pattern matching, full decoding of body parts and
mime headers in sieve, spaces in search (you need to reconstruct all
the mailboxes, annoyingly, to make this happy).  It's amazing how easy
it is once you simplify the underlying APIs!

So - I'll start pushing stuff into CVS again once 2.3.14 goes live.
Consider this my vote that it's ready!

Bron ( looking forward to a quicker release cycle to 2.3.15 as well... )