Cyrus 2.3.14 RC1 (Was: Cyrus 2.3.13 RC1)

Brian Awood bawood at umich.edu
Sat Mar 14 17:03:22 EDT 2009

On Friday 13 March 2009 @ 22:12, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> Man, that's going to hurt against my cache rewrite code, which was
> written in response to a bug report of a crash in that very code
> path.
>
> Good point though.  It's a nice idea to make them more readable!
>
> Can we queue this one for 2.3.15?  I'll rewrite it on top of the
> cache stuff.  I'd like to abstract out the envelope and structure
> handling code as well - because there's a lot more magic number
> copy 'n' paste code in index.c that needs to be cleaned up.

We're mainly interested in it because we are planing on rolling out a
self-serve restore web interface for users, but we can just use the
patches until it's included in a released version.  Obviously
improved cache handling is more important, no reason to commit the
patches and then have to completely rewrite it.

Brian