FastMail.FM cyrus patches for review

Farzad FARID ffarid at pragmatic-source.com
Thu Jan 29 11:46:18 EST 2009

Hi,

Le 29.01.2009 04:51, Bron Gondwana a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 08:11:56PM -0500, Jeffrey T Eaton wrote:
>
>> It's on Ken's list to look at replacing our CVS and Bugzilla
>> installations with something better.
>>
>> Suggestions are welcome.
>>

> Most people seem to be liking Trac, but then it doesn't integrate
> so shinily with git.

In the Trac-like category (i.e. integrated versatile tools but with a
less powerful bug tracker than Bugzilla), there is the increasingly
popular Redmine (http://www.redmine.org/), which supports both Git and
SVN natively.

I, too, second the use of a modern VCS for Cyrus Imap whether it's a
distributed one or not. But let's not forget that the available web
interfaces count a lot for the ease of use and popularity of the VCSs.

For example, I've been following Bron's copy of the Cyrus Imap
repository on GitHub, http://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd, and I think
it clearly outperforms any other CVS or SVN web viewer available :) In
the same category there is BitBucket (http://bitbucket.org/) for the
Mercurial DVCS, but it's basically a GitHub clone.

  Regards,

--
Farzad FARID / Architecte Open Source - Associé
Pragmatic Source / http://www.pragmatic-source.com