DELAYED DELETE and very long mailboxes => segfault

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Feb 6 23:30:45 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 07:24:19PM -0500, Wesley Craig wrote:
> IMAP RFC is nearly silent on the maximum length of a mailbox name
> (length should fit in unsigned 32-bit integer).  The next obviously
> limit is related to MAXPATHLEN, assuming it's defined.

That sounds more like a buck-pass than an opinion ;)

We have 4096 bytes defined as MAX_MAILBOX_PATH.  Linux enforces that
limit as well, and presumably other unixy systems are similar.  We
could always just use 4096 byte buffers for everything - eats a bit
more stack though.

Bron ( actually, I think my patch with 1024 byte buffer and 490
       character limit still will work quite well in practice :)