New Cyrus 2.3.13

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Nov 24 11:23:59 EST 2008

On 24 Nov 2008, at 10:29, DEMBKOWSKI, Henryk ((Henryk)) wrote:
> Is it possible to have two different versions of Cyrus installed on
> two
> different box
> and they can talk to each other?
>
> I see that function do_mailbox_single() is different between 2.3.7 and
> 2.3.13.
> I am wondering if replication will be working.

It's something you need to test, generally.  It's often the case that
xfer from an older rev works to a newer rev, the other direction less
so.  Frontends & backends can often be different versions, tho again
testing is important.  Primary backends and replicas typically have
to be the same version: the csync protocol is internal and changes
are frequent.

:wes