referring quota commands

Wesley Craig wes at umich.edu
Mon Jul 14 14:34:07 EDT 2008

Is there some reason why the quota commands aren't fully proxied?
E.g., this comment from cmd_getquotasroot:

             /* If they are an admin, they won't retain that
privledge if we
              * proxy for them, so we need to refer them -- even if
they haven't
              * told us they're able to handle it. */
             imapd_refer(tag, server, name);

doesn't make much sense to me.  I guess I could make my quota setting
agent understand the referrals, but the proxy code in imapd.c already
has a nice framework for caching connections, etc.  It seems like
implementing proxy for cmd_setquota, cmd_getquota, and
cmd_getquotaroot would be less work and allow provisioning systems to
work more seamlessly out of the box with Cyrus.  Any comments?

:wes