statuscache

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 17 18:58:37 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 17, 2008 at 02:47:27PM -0500, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Looking (again) at integrating this.  Two observations, the first somewhat
> minor, and the second somewhat major:
>
> - statuscache v.2 doesn't have support for HIGHESTMODSEQ.  This is trivial
> to add to a v.3.

Yeah, shouldn't be a big problem.

> - statuscache v.2 stores statuscache_data as a binary blob, which is
> platform dependent (byte-order & word size).  This make statuscache.db
> non-portable.  I believe that this might be the first cyrusdb that would be
> non-portable.  Does anybody care?

Hmm - it would be a very minor cost to make it platform independent.  On
the flip side, it's not supposed to persist over shutdowns of Cyrus
anyway.

Still, I would vote for fixing that too - might as well keep the
platform safeness.  Processor time is cheap compared to disk IO
at least in our setup.