Skiplists to the Nth degree

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 12:42:17 EST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Replying to myself yet again - I guess all you other lucky sods are on
> holiday or something :)

Some of us have been busy reverse engineering other obscure binary file
formats. You do seem to have unearthed a lot of separate problems here.

I'm slightly amazed that things work at all. I was getting the impression
that skiplist in 2.3 was less reliable than 2.1.X, but that was probably
just the wind was blowing in the right direction. I don't think that a
huge amount changed before you started to dig through the code.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.