Statuscache

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 05:26:50 EST 2008

Tried running the status cache on one of my live systems for the first
time this morning. It ran fine for 90 minutes, and then exploded:

  Feb 14 09:27:06 cyrus-25 imap[13489]: DBERROR db4:
    Logging region out of memory; you may need to increase its size

  [...]

  Feb 14 09:27:06 cyrus-25 master[2791]:
    service imap pid 13489 in READY state: terminated abnormally

This might be something stupid that I did in porting statuscache to my own
source tree, but I didn't touch anything in statuscache_db.c

I'm not convinced that there was any significant preformance gain during
the 90 minutes or so that it was running. Our Webmail interface doesn't
use the STATUS command at all, so I suspect that we are making a lot of
statuscache updates for little gain. Still a useful experiment.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.