Cyrus 2.3.12 RC2

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 19 07:56:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 02:32:19PM -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
> Unless I hear something major about the current code, I'm going to release
> 2.3.12 on Monday.  I have some new code that I want to commit as the start
> of 2.3.13.

Sounds good to me.  I've rebuilt our patches against it (finally).
Apologies for not giving you more feedback this week, I've been
dealing with the fallout of upgrading our libdbd-mysql-perl and
enabling server side prepared statements.

Don't.

The fricking thing inserted '0' where we said undef, which means
NULL.  It even wrote NULL into the binlog.  Suffice to say, it's
amazing what assumptions this triggers.  In the case I've been
cleaning up from, "SELECT Id FROM Table WHERE DeleteTime < $time"
looks a whole lot different when you have '0' for DeleteTime
instead of NULL.

Grah.

Um, anyway, as I was saying.  I've rebuilt fast_rename and
folder_limit patches, creating a transactional version of
mboxlist_findall.  It's slightly ugly in the "extending an
interface without refactoring the whole bloody codebase"
sort of way, but it looks good.  I'm about to test that now.

Then I'll be ready to roll out when you release 2.3.12!