Cyrus 2.3.12 RC1

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 08:51:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Is there a bug somewhere in the rest of the code that causes this
> problem?

It is mostly a sanity check to stop people from accidentally writing code
which contains nested transactions. That is actually fairly easy to do
given that each mboxlist_findall() quietly starts a transaction.

We use this patch as well. The only curiosity that I haven't tracked down
is the following from cyr_expire:

Apr  9 03:43:52 cyrus-35 cyr_expire[15410]: skiplist: unlock while not locked

(I haven't touched cyr_expire in 2.3.11).

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.