Large Mailbox Append Fix

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 25 07:14:23 EDT 2007

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Attached is my rewrite against CVS.  I removed duplicate code that
> resulted from having one for() loop with a special case if() inside (It
> not uses a for() loop nested inside a do() loop).  The patch doesn't
> look simpler because my version of diff appears to be braindead.

You need an update_uidlast() call if the last batch is empty, as Bron
suggests. I'm also not convinced that:

     } while (!r);

ever exits. I think that it should be:

     } while (!r && msgno <= mailbox->exists);

Updated patch against current 2.3cvs attached.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.