replication is unable to fix uidvalidity difference

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 12 10:08:07 EDT 2007

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:

> Is there any reason why we want this to be a separate command, rather than
> just adding UIDVALIDITY to the MAILBOXES command?

MAILBOXES dumps the current state of mailboxes on the sever (including the
UIDvalidity with this patch). You need a separate command to actual update
the UIDvalidity on a mailbox, and we don't have one to hand at the moment.

"setuidvalidity" matches setacl, setseen and setflags

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.