replication is unable to fix uidvalidity difference

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 05:24:43 EDT 2007

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> My reading was a reconstruct without cyrus.index.  If you reconstruct
> without a header it will get a new UniqueID, but if you reconstruct
> without an index it doesn't know the UidValidity, so it sets it time().

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's a rather more common failure mode.

I'll have a think about this after I work out why shutting down Cyrus
causes my skiplist mailboxes.db to explode one time in three. Didn't used
to happen with 2.1.X, and I haven't touched the skiplist stuff :(.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.