delayed delete bug?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 16 19:05:06 EDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 18:55:55 +0200, "Rudy Gevaert" <Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be> said:
> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
> > So, is it your opinion that this doesn't need to be fixed, or shouldn't
> > be fixed?
> >

> Te be honest, I would like to see it fixed.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rudy

Bringing back some context:

>> I'm busy looking at delayed delete.  I'm using unix hierarchy seperator.  I
>> deleted a mailbox and see it like this:
>>
>> kavula.ugent.be> lm
>> DELETED/user/rudy.gevaert/Foo/471364C1 at ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)
>> user/rudy.gevaert/Inbox2 at ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)
>> user/rudy.gevaert/Trash2 at ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)
>> user/rudy.gevaert/Trash at ugent.be (\HasNoChildren)
>> user/rudy.gevaert at ugent.be (\HasChildren)
>>
>> However the file system location is:
>> /var/cyrus/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/u/DELETED/user/rudy^gevaert/Foo/471364C1/
>>
>> I would have thought it would be under domain/u/ugent.be/DELETED/user/...

Just to clarify exactly what you want, do you:

a) think that the DELETED folders should not be hashed? (your example)
b) think they should be hashed based on the username rather than into 'u'?
c) think something entirely different should be done with them?

My (c) is as I posted in my followup:

> We wrote our userhash patch so the locations would be:
>
> /var/cyrus/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/user/rudy^gevaert/DELETED.user.rudy^gevaert.Foo.471364C1/
> /var/cyrus/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/user/rudy^gevaert/user.rudy^gevaert
> /var/cyrus/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/user/rudy^gevaert/user.rudy^gevaert.Inbox2
> /var/cyrus/imap/domain/u/ugent.be/user/rudy^gevaert/user.rudy^gevaert.Trash

So that all the folders related to the same user are in the same directory
and have dots in their names as separators rather than being subdirectories
of each other.  This is obviously only one of many options, and has the
downside that it's a completely new filesystem layout that requires a rehash
run for every folder rather than just affecting a few deleted folders.

  brong at fastmail.fm