Ready for 2.3.10?

Guus Leeuw jr. guus.leeuw at guusleeuwit.com
Fri Oct 12 03:49:48 EDT 2007

Chaps,

as of autoconf 2.60, said tool has been adopted to newer GNU Coding
Standards, which has the affect that "datadir", "mandir", and "infodir" are
expressed in terms of "datarootdir".

Now, automake will include datarootdir = @datarootdir@, but your automake
and autoconf need to be "in sync". At any rate, if the Makefile.in was
hand-crafted, one needs to add that substitution line.

After code audits etc to make sure you're at the latest levels (including
datarootdir etc), you can disable these warnings with
AC_DEFUN([AC_DATAROOTDIR_CHECKED]) in the configure.in or configure.ac
script. *This should be used as a last resort* as the GNU autotools will at
one point stop warning about datarootdir, and simply make it an error.

Cheers,
Guus