condstore

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 05:39:26 EST 2007

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> Cyrus has support for condstore.  However when using replication condstore
> doesn't work.
>
> Could someone explain to me what the downside is when have condstore enabled
> on a mailbox and using replication?

You will lose almost all modseq updates, which will mean that condstore
enabled clients will get very confused and lose updates to messages.

Here's the patch that I sent in last month to do modseq updates:

   http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/~dpc22/cyrus/patches/2.3cvs/modseq.patch

Still needs independent testing by someone who understands condstore.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.