Detecting changes to a folder

Florian G. Pflug fgp at phlo.org
Fri Mar 16 21:37:08 EST 2007

Hi

I'm trying to find all folders of a mailbox that were
changes in any way (using cyrus 2.3). At the moment
I'm using a combination UIDs and MODSEQ. This works
fine, but I still have to at least EXAMINE every
folder of the mailbox, which takes about 0.5 seconds
per folder.

0.5 seconds seems rather fast - but for my own account
with about 20 folders, this already amounts to 5 seconds.
If I'd do this for 1000 accounts, it's take me 5000 seconds
= 1 1/2 hours, just to find out that nothing changed.

Is there a better way to do this? I thought it might
be possible to explout the replication log for this,
but I don't really know where to start...

greetings, Florian Pflug